Only God knows why egusi ands tomatoes blend so well when cooked together .
Egusi seeds can be ground and made into soup with or without vegetables or cooked with tomatoes as egusi stew. with ease.
Many foodies have created different recipes for egusi but, whatever way you chose to cook your egusi soup or egusi stew. The benefits are same. Egusi as stew or soup gives us same great health benefits that help us age slowly.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF EGUSI SOUP:
- Egusi also known as citrullus colocynthis (Botanical name), improves appetite.
- It improves your skin. People with dry skin should eat more of egusi soup and egusi stew to help keep their skin soft and moist.
- Egusi has antioxidant properties that help you fight aging and age more slowly so you don’t start looking like 45 when you are actually 30.
4. Aids digestion. Feel the softness of egusi and see how soft it feels in the throat when you swallow? That’s how soft it stays even in the stomach and, haven’t you noticed that bowel movement is very easy after eating egusi soup. You go to toilet the next day with so much ease. Egusi meals digest easily without stressing your digestive system.Another health benefit of egusi soup is that it prevents malnutrition. Keeps you nourished. The oil in egusi seeds is also healthy and great for cooking.
5. Promotes healthy fats. Egusi has unsaturated fats that are good for the heart. These unsaturated fats help in reducing the chances of heart diseases by checking blood cholesterols. Eat some more egusi soup please. It’s healthy.