When you’re trying to lose weight, including low-calorie foods like cucumbers in your diet helps you lower your calorie intake to shed pounds.
Can Cucumber Help You Lose Belly Fat? YES
- Detoxes and reduces bloating
- Eases constipation
- Soothes stomach irritation
- Has zero fat and low calories
- Lowers cholesterol and blood glucose
Cucumber can help you with belly fat loss. Thanks to its high water (95%) and fiber content, it can flush out toxins, rev up your metabolism, and combat possible underlying causes like bloating, water retention, and constipation. Its flavonoids can slash the bad cholesterol (by 86%), triglyceride (72%), and glucose levels. Try it out as a raw snack – 0.5 cup of cucumber slices has zero fat and just 8 Cal. Or juice it with lemon, ginger, and aloe vera.
Belly fat or “spare tire” gets a lot of attention thanks to its potential health risks like cardiovascular disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, and even cancer.1 It’s no secret that losing belly fat isn’t easy. To fight belly fat, you definitely need something that’s low in both fat and calories. That’s why cucumber, which is rich in fiber and minerals and has very few calories (1/2 cup sliced cucumbers offers 8 Cal) might be the answer to trimming your waist once and for all.
Try this popular juice combo with cucumber, lemon juice, ginger, aloe vera, and cilantro. Blend these together and drink up once a day.
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon of grated ginger
- A handful of cilantro
- 2 tablespoons of aloe vera juice
- 1 cup water
Or Have Cucumber Salad
Or if you are in the mood for a salad, mix the same ingredients barring the water. You may also want to add just 1/2 a tablespoon of aloe vera juice as it doesn’t taste that great.
Here’s why this combination makes sense
- Lemon and other citrus fruits can increase the body’s metabolic rate, helping in weight loss and maintenance. It’s even patented!9
- Ginger, in several studies, has proven to have very beneficial effects in weight loss. Ginger fires up the metabolism. The antioxidants in ginger also fight inflammation in the digestive tract, keeping digestion running smoothly.10
- Aloe vera can reduce lipid levels. This aids in weight loss and stops the negative effects of excess blood fat, like clogged arteries. It also stimulates the metabolic rate, which helps for the consumption of more energy. This process stabilizes and reduces the body mass index (BMI).11
Together, these ingredients make a potent weight loss drink that works from the inside – on the digestive system, metabolism, and blood lipids.