With new-generation services starting on Tuesday (June 6) in Benin, Cameroon, Kenya, Lesotho, Nigeria, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania and Uganda, Konnect Africa has confirmed its bold ambitions for Sub-Saharan Africa. The company’s innovative service offerings and products, including packaged offers inspired by ‘pay as you go’ models and Wi-Fi hotspots schemes, have already been convinced a number of local operators, telecom companies and resellers.
With products aligned with the preferences and habits of end-users, Konnect Africa is making a strong push with a double objective: to be a partner of choice on the continent and to demonstrate how satellite technology is today the most relevant solution for unlocking access to the Internet in Africa.
- Konnect Africa’s first partners include a wide range of operators, each with its specific DNA:
- AfricaNet GoSat, already active in the broadband-based Internet telephone, VOIP options and provision of customer support and services in the satellite telecommunications industry in Cameroon and Côte d’Ivoire;
- Bentley Walker, known notably for designing efficient solutions for government and military customers with a Pan-African footprint;
- Bloosat, a leader in satellite services in Cameroon and Central Africa;
- China Telecom (Africa and Middle East), that establishing communications link between the African continent and the Asia-Pacific region;
- Coollink, a leading player in Nigeria with a broad portfolio of services addressing enterprise and consumer needs;
- Global Broadband Solution, a leader in internet and data solutions in the Democratic Republic of Congo .;
- Ubora Systems, that focuses on IT solutions for government and administrations in Kenya;
- Terrace Projects, a managed satellite service provider provider in South Africa.
Leveraging expertise and knowledge, these partnerships reflect Konnect Africa’s approach to adapt to the specifics of each market to reach a vast audience. Wi-Fi hotspot access is available for a few cents, family offers are available for a few dozens of dollars, while high-grade corporate services are also available for videoconferencing, storage, audio-visual content development and safe and reliable communication. Konnect Africa aims to give its partners the means to succeed in each relevant segment, through dedicated commercial, marketing and technical support. The company will also train and reward local installers to enhance service quality and drive talent into the industry.
“This initiative is a broad ambi- tion .” ” Africa is the way to live, work, and transforming daily life. ” Laurent Grimaldi, Chief Executive Officer of Konnect Africa. “We are proud to partner with prominent players and excited to embark on this truly unique venture”, he added.
Unlike mobile wireless or fiber technologies, satellite broadband does not depend on terrestrial infrastructure and literally comes ‘from above’. It is the best solution to provide you with the most cost-effective and easy-to-install internet solutions. Konnect Africa is an affiliate of Eutelsat, the leading satellite operator with 40 years of experience. Its advanced satellite technology is a powerful tool for social and economic development.